Thursday, May 13, 2010

free time=better eating

Now that school's out, I'm really enjoying having more time to experiment in the kitchen...healthily. I think it's safe to say I've always been a pretty good cook, but I'm used to cooking the normal "down home" stuff. Which is great, but more often than not those things contain a lot of bad stuff. Not only that, but when I'm eating healthy stuff, my taste buds aren't quite so indulgent so I can stick to strict portions and not have urges to go back for more. I like that!

The other night I was thinking of something interesting to try, and I stumbled upon Bobby Flay's recipe for tuna burgers. I like tuna...I can eat it out of a bowl with some mayo, mustard and relish, but that gets old sometimes. I changed his recipe up a little, to suit my tastes, and they tasted pretty good.



 It was a nice variation on boring old canned tuna. That being said, http://www.foodnetwork.com/ has become a friend of mine.

Tonight I just finished up a delicious plate of what I'll call "smoked sausage stir fry". I worried it would be a little plain, as I didn't follow a recipe, and it was very simple. But it was yummy! I just cut up 3 bell peppers...yellow, red and green, along with some smoked sausage and onions. I tossed them all in a skillet with some olive oil and sprinkled some McCormick GrillMates Garlic & Onion Medley. Delicious. Even my 5 and 7 year olds liked it.


I'm still doing very good on my calorie counting...I'm fairly impressed with myself. It really helps to put the day's meals in the night before, that way I don't have to mess with it during the day unless I add something or take something out. I think I'm really getting a hang of all this! :)

0 comments:

 

This Template is Brought to you by : AllBlogTools.com blogger templates